Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The long weekend in Perth .. 1

I haven't felt this way for a long time - I am very glad to be home - after being on the go for the past 4 days. Please do not mistaken, I really like to be at home. To the agony of Bran, I like to stay home, especially on weekends :). I've never felt so glad to be back home.

The long weekend was exceptionally fruitful. I have been planning this trip since the beginning of August. When SQ finally launched their Natas fares in mid-August, I must have been one of the first few to grab a ticket to Perth.

The most important task to the trip is done, but it was only the start of many more errands. The most burdensome task of all must be bran's bike - in fact it was my biggest worry. Bran has asked me to bring his beloved bike with me when I go over. I had to collect the bike from bran's brother, contact the bike shop to arrange for packing, contact the airline to ensure sports equipment will be accepted, contact car rental to make sure the bike can fit into the car, and the endless worries about getting the bike to the airport, and how to manage the bike on my own when I arrive in Perth. Mind you, the box measured 140cm x 70cm x 20cm, and weighed 15kg!

At one point I was so upset that I told Bran I didn't want to go to Perth anymore. I still feel very guilty about this.. because we have been looking forward to the weekend together for the longest time.

After one month of anticipation, the day has finally come. Bran's brother, girlf, mom and aunty were very kind to offer to send me to the airport. When they came in Clare's Colt, the box couldn't fit into the car! Let alone fit the 5 of us! Thanks to Shannon's quick thinking, and thankfully Papa was not using the Trajet that night, so we took Papa's car and drove ourselves to the airport.

I could still remember the anxiety and anticipation of meeting Bran again after two months. I was so excited I could not fall asleep :)

I arrived in Perth at 6:15am in the morning. The customs & immigrations took some time, partly because of the bike. When the doors opened, and I saw Bran seated at the waiting area, I couldn't have been happier. I missed him so much!

We drove ourselves to Bullsbrook where Bran's camp is and dropped off his bike. It's nice to know where Bran's workplace is. I like to call that place Hogsmeade, and Bran's camp is Hogwarts. Bran knows I can understand better if he relates everything to Harry Potter, so he has started refering to Bullsbrook as Hogsmeade too :). Speaking of which I'm reminded of the Harry Potter attraction which will open in Orlando next year, but I'll save that for another post!

We spent the entire Saturday in Perth City. We had lunch at Dragon Palace with my brother, (everyone says it's they serve the best Dim Sum there, but honestly I think we have exceeded our sodium intake for the whole month) and we walked around Perth City till 10pm. We bought Bran's favourite ham shavings, walked to the bank of Swan River, and tried to enjoy our ham before the seagulls tried to steal our snack! It got too cold so we walked back to the city. I had an enjoyable evening with Bran at The Shed, it's an alfresco drinking area and there were fire places to keep ourselves warm. Then it was back to Hogsmeade for the night..

No comments: