Friday, February 09, 2007

Of Library Visit

Oh, I visited the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library to do some research for my research paper today. Prior to that, I visited NLB's website and took down the call numbers of the books I was going to refer to. blah blah blah..so off I went to the library. The reference library comprises of 7 storeys if I am not wrong. I was looking for the books that will explain to me about the airline business, in fact one of the books I was looking for was entitled, The Airline Business. doh

So naturally I went to level 8 because the sign states that books related to BUSINESS are on that level. I went to the shelf corresponding to the call numbers and saw some books related to airlines, but none of the books I wanted were there! Could someone be using them at that time? I walked around the floor to see who was holding on the books, but there was none!

I thought I would give the person some time, it was close to 6pm and s/he should be leaving for dinner soon =). So I went to the B1 to borrow some fiction and went back to Level 8 half an hour later. But, the books were still not in sight! I wanted to give up my search for the day and return in the morning some other day, if I am the first person in the library, I would definitely get hold of the books. But before I left, I went to the information counter and she told me I was on the wrong floor! The books are on Level 7!

But the sign states Social Sciences and Humanities, Science and Technology on Level 7!

$(#*&!^#!*&#)($*($#*)*&*$#%&)

How would I possibly know that the "R" in front of the call number means that it's on Level 7?!! She made it sound like it's common sense. Or is it? Aiya, but she was very helpful also, so don't get me wrong, I was not frustrated with her. Luckily I checked with her if not I would have to make another futile trip again.

Ok, enjoy the video below! The animals are so adorable!


No comments: