Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Career

Okay, so the secret I've been hiding for 3 weeks will be revealed soon.

I have gained a hell lot of weight over the months. I am exploding out of my bottoms! I wanted to wear my black skirt today and it is so freaking tight. And then Cousin Catherine's wedding will be this weekend and I can imagine myself eat like a pig again.

That's not the secret I want to reveal. The above is probably the worst-kept secret.

Hmm..okay..I'll be joining Cathay Pacific after graduation as a permanent staff in Corporate Sales. Surprise! This move is a far cry from what my plans have always been - to obtain a reputable degree before work. I had contemplated this idea for a couple of days and discussed it with Chris Ng and my parents (bran is very pro-SQ). I thought, if an opportunity presents itself, I should just grab it. Of course my parents were not that keen at first, they would feel more at ease if I could pursue a degree first. Tourism will boom; with the recent KA acquisiton, CX will become an influential airline in time to come; many are approaching retirement age so there're chances for career advancement. Tell me, why shouldn't I grab this opportunity?

I had a chat with Stephen yesterday and like everyone else, he was concerned about my studies. Oh boy, he talked to me like a father, even he admitted it. Ben met James Barrington, Director of Sales and Marketing, and told him about me. And James' first reaction was also "Why didn't she go to a Uni!". Ben's wife, Evelyn, also had the same reaction and even chided Ben. heh heh.

I know I know! I eyeing the scholarship programme that CX has, but I'm afraid I can't reveal too much here. I will take up night classes while working. It's going to be hard for the first 3 years or so, but I will manage. I hope bran and I can survive the next few years too. Ah...I almost forgot, I still have to learn to drive.

I'm so sorry for keeping this from you guys - Weili, Chris Tan and Boon and the colleagues at CX who have already smelled some rat, but I had to keep it a mystery until it's confirmed. hee hee. And thank you very much Chris Ng, for your sound advice.

Bran and I were chatting about gifts.

bran: if i could afford it i'd buy anything for you dearie
me: really?
bran i want pyrotechnics (for my wedding)
bran: okay tung

Yay! everyone remember he made this promise ok?

I am so looking forward to the wedding on Saturday! Anyway, here's the map I drew using Word for diyang so he won't get lost. I volunteered to help my dad with it so he drew it on paper and I did it with Word. It is so darn hard to shift the lines around and make them curve nicely.

Lastly, Happy Birthday Wei Song!

1 comment:

Mummy Chi said...

My dear girl, I am so happy to hear the good news! Yep, life indeed is unpredictable, but what is most important is that you grab the opportunities that come your way! Of course, we can plan for all we want, but that would not be as fun isn't it? I am very certain that you'd work hard to earn your degree and also carve a name for yourself in CX! No matter what, follow the direction you've envisioned, you can't go much wrong with it! My listening ear is always here for you! Though we dun meet up often, but yup, I wana tell you that you are my best best sister from TP! *hugz*