Saturday, March 17, 2007

mahjong

After CX's Recreation Club AGM last evening, Daniel eagerly taught tasha, nelly, elaine, sherril and myself mahjong. It was tasha, nelly and my first time playing it. Stephen and mahjong guru Helen joined us to give us tips. We spent one a half hours playing 3 games, which is extremely slow! And we're not even at the powerful combi stage.

Tash and I played as a team since she can't read the chinese characters, but she's doing well =). She likes to shout "pong!" though, and Stephen said, "you wish!" several times because she "pong!" unnecessarily. Hahaha

Tash and I won 2 out of 3 games and one win was a zi mo peng hu which was apparently quite a big win, but there was no money involved. We only left at about 10.30pm.

Bran said, "Now I know why
there's always people in the offices of shenton way late at night...they're all playing mahjong"

No comments: